Are you tired of high energy bills and uncomfortable temperatures in your building? It may be time to consider upgrading to energy-efficient doors.
Installing the right energy-efficient doors can make a significant difference in reducing your energy costs and improving the overall efficiency of your building.
Five Ways You Will Save Money
1. Improved Insulation
Energy-efficient doors are built using better-insulated materials that minimise thermal transfer. This means that your building will remain well-insulated, reducing the need for excessive heating or cooling. As a result, you’ll save money on your energy bills.
2. Reduced Air Leakage
Energy-efficient doors are designed to prevent drafts and air leakage. They have tight seals and weatherstripping that minimise the outdoor air entering your building. You can maintain a comfortable indoor temperature by eliminating drafts without relying heavily on HVAC systems.
3. Long-Term Investment
Upgrading to energy-efficient doors is a long-term investment for your business. While the upfront cost may be higher than traditional doors, the energy savings you’ll experience over time will compensate for it. You’ll also benefit from energy-efficient doors’ durability and weather resistance, which require fewer repairs and replacements in the long run.
4. Immediate Benefits
Installing energy-efficient doors has immediate benefits for your building. Not only will you notice a reduction in energy costs, but you’ll also experience improved thermal comfort. Energy-efficient doors help regulate indoor temperatures, keeping your building cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. These doors also reduce noise pollution from outside, creating a more peaceful and productive environment for your employees.
5. Environmental Impact
You’re saving money and contributing to a greener future by opting for energy-efficient doors. Reduced energy consumption means lower carbon emissions, helping to mitigate climate change and preserve the environment for future generations.
Five Things to Consider When Choosing a Door Provider
1. Energy Efficiency Expertise
Look for a provider that demonstrates knowledge and expertise in energy-efficient solutions. They should be able to guide you through the selection process and provide valuable advice on maximising energy savings in your building.
2.Certifications and Accreditations
Ensure the provider meets the necessary standards and regulations. Here are some examples certifications and accreditations that a trusted industrial door provider should possess:
- DHF (Door and Hardware Federation): The DHF is a leading trade association for the UK’s industrial door, garage door, and powered gate sectors.
- CE Marking: CE marking indicates that the industrial doors meet essential health, safety, and environmental requirements set by the European Union. Note: UKCA will replace the CE marketing. Organisations have until 31 December 2024 to become UKCA accredited.
- LPCB (Loss Prevention Certification Board): LPCB is a certification body that assesses and approves security and fire protection products and services.
- ISO Certifications: Look for providers with ISO 9001 certification, which indicates a commitment to quality management systems. ISO 14001 certification signifies adherence to environmental management systems, showcasing their commitment to sustainability.
- SafeContractor or CHAS Accreditation: SafeContractor or Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) accreditations demonstrate that the industrial door provider has met the required health and safety standards.
3. Customisation Options
Every building is unique, so it’s important to choose a provider that offers customisation options. They should be able to tailor the doors to fit your specific requirements, ensuring a perfect fit and maximum energy efficiency
4.Installation and Maintenance Services
A reliable provider should offer professional installation services to ensure proper fitting and functionality of the doors. Additionally, inquire about their maintenance and after-sales support to keep your energy-efficient doors in optimal condition.
5.Experience and Reputation
Look for a provider with a proven track record in the industry. Check their experience, customer reviews, and references to ensure they have a history of delivering quality products and services.