You may think that when it comes to purchasing new or replacement PVC strip curtains, the choice is simple. Every product is the same, delivers the same benefits… right?
Wrong! Don’t fall into the all too common trap of buying without researching. We’ve put together a little checklist for you that shows the different elements that should be considered before you make your purchase.
1. Quality of PVC Material
– Check the quality and thickness of the PVC material. Thicker strips are more durable and provide better insulation.
2. Temperature Compatibility
– Ensure that the PVC strips are suitable for the temperature range of your environment. Some PVC curtains are designed for cold storage, while others are better for ambient temperatures.
3. UV Resistance
– If the curtains will be exposed to sunlight, verify that they are UV resistant to prevent deterioration and yellowing over time.
– Consider the level of transparency you need. Some applications may require clear strips, while others benefit from opaque or colored options.
5. Strip Width and Overlap
– Determine the appropriate width and overlap of the strips to maintain temperature control and minimize the entry of dust, insects, or noise.
6. Hanging Hardware and Mounting
– Ensure that the curtains come with the necessary hanging hardware and that it is suitable for your installation type (e.g., suspended, wall-mounted, or sliding track).
7. Ease of Installation
– Look for curtains that are easy to install or come with clear installation instructions. Complex installations may require professional assistance.
8. Maintenance and Cleaning
– Consider how easy it is to clean and maintain the curtains. Some PVC strips are designed with smooth surfaces that are easier to clean and less likely to trap dirt.
9. Fire Safety Regulations
– Verify if the PVC strips meet any fire safety regulations or standards applicable to your industry or location.
10. Noise Reduction Features
– If noise reduction is important, look for curtains designed to absorb or block sound effectively.
11. Cost and Budget
– Compare prices from different suppliers, but don’t compromise quality for cost savings. Consider the long-term durability and performance of the curtains.
12. Warranty and Customer Support
– Inquire about the warranty provided by the manufacturer and the availability of customer support in case you encounter any issues.
13. Customization Options
– Check if the supplier offers customization options to tailor the PVC strip curtains to your specific requirements.
14. Environmental Considerations
– If sustainability is a concern, inquire about the environmental impact of the PVC material used and whether it can be recycled.
By keeping these factors in mind, you can make an informed decision when purchasing PVC strip curtains in the UK that best suit your needs and provide long-lasting performance. Our team are always on hand to help you make the correct decision and with a national network, we can service you, wherever you are in the country.